Free entry, 11am - 4pm daily.
The House of Tongue was built as the seat of the Mackays in 1678, on a site occupied by them since the 1500s. The garden is surrounded by massive stone walls and wraps around the back of the extension to the house that was added in the 1700s. Inside the garden is the Scottish Enlightenment obelisk sundial made for Lord Reay in 1714. Come and visit and see the old borders, rose beds and orchard, as well as the ongoing classroom extension for the local primary school and work with the Pollinator Monitoring Scheme to support planting for bees and bumblebees.
Step free access is not available.
Contact number for enquiries: 07379 016500