Luxurious glamping in Sutherland
Welcome to Ardgay Glamping Pods
We have two luxurious pods for you to experience the benefits of glamping and staying in Ardgay and the beautiful Kyle of Sutherland area. Enjoy your glamping experience in a luxurious pod with outdoor BBQ and cooking facilities under cover. The outdoor seating is the perfect place to relax in the tranquil surroundings after a day of exploring the local area.
Situated in the quiet, rural village of Ardgay, located within the world-famous North Coast 500 (NC500) scenic route, the pods are perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy a variety of outdoor pursuits and visitor attractions. Located nearby are several woodland walks and forest trails where you can enjoy walking or mountain biking. There is boating/canoeing and fishing on the nearby Kyle of Sutherland including numerous rivers and lochs.
You can enjoy a game of golf at the excellent Bonar Bridge Golf Course dubbed the 'mini Gleneagles'. You could even try your hand at stalking with the Highland Shooting Centre. You can visit Croick Church, a poignant reminder of the Highland Clearances. There are a range of local whisky distilleries nearby, including Balblair, Glenmorangie, Dalmore and Clynelish distilleries.
There is a key safe at each Pod and you will be sent the code the day before arrival to allow self-check-in:
- Check-in is from 16.00. We ask that guests do not arrive early.
- Check out is up to 10.00. On departure, please leave your key in the key safe outside your pod. Late checkout will incur additional charges if not arranged in advance.
- We have a no pets policy.
The pods ‘Kyle’ and ‘Struie’ are set in the orchard of a former farm just 400m from Ardgay railway station and 200m from the village’s main bus stop. If you arrive by car, there is ample off-road parking available.
In front of each pod is a firepit and a large, decked area with outdoor dining table and chairs where you can enjoy the serenity of the countryside. There are under cover barbeque cooking facilities available. You may also can spot some local wildlife such as deer and red kites.
Our pods are ideal for a comfortable and sophisticated glamping experience keeping the connection with the outside space but offering the facilities of a quality hotel room. Sleeping between 2-4 people, our spacious bespoke pods have been designed with modern luxury in mind. They are built to a high specification using sustainably sourced timber.
The pods are well insulated, the patio doors and the rear opening window have double glazing and there is thermostatically controlled heating in the kitchen/living area for year-round comfort.
- Double bed with pocket sprung mattress and under bed storage, touch lamps either side
- Towels and bedding – anti allergy duvets and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Small cupboard
- Plug sockets with USB points
- Lounge area with sofa bed (can be used as single or double bed)
- Wall mounted Freeview TV
- Free Wi-fi
- Dining table with seating
- Kitchenette with solid oak work surface and storage cupboards
- Induction hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave
- Welcome pack: Tea, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper, oil & balsamic vinegar
- Kitchen paper and toilet paper
- Outdoor barbeque
- Toilet and shower room with shaver point and heated towel rail
- Shower heated by LPG
- Outdoor cupboard for boots and outdoor coats
Exploring the area
Ardgay is a small village on the Southwest shore of the Dornoch Firth, Sutherland, Scotland. The nearby village of Bonar Bridge is 1 mile south and lies at the entrance to Strathcarron, the valley of the River Carron at the mouth of the Kyle of Sutherland. In the centre of the village there is a Market Stone which was reportedly moved from Parish to Parish in former times as it marked the site for the local market.
Ardgay is located only a short drive from the Royal Burghs of Tain and Dornoch. The latter has a world-class golf course and a glorious beach. Ardgay is within easy reach of the market town of Dingwall and the city of Inverness, with its excellent leisure and shopping facilities.